Being a tourist, you need to take some precautions about where you go and how you conduct yourself in public. Take note that some parts of any city are more dangerous than others. It is best to know the don’ts as a tourist to keep you safe while traveling abroad.
- As much as possible, try not to look like a tourist by dressing like one, looking lost, or consulting a map in public.
- You should not carry and flash a large amount of cash with you. Also, try to avoid exchanging money with individuals on the street or at dubious-looking places.
- NEVER walk-in unfamiliar, dimly lit or isolated areas, or visit dangerous locations, especially at night.
- Avoid walking with your bag slung loosely over one shoulder, and it should be on the different side of you from the road to prevent a thief on a bike from snatching it.
- Try not to keep your vehicle and hotel or house keys on the same key ring.
- You should NOT carry a backpack that looks like luggage.
- Do NOT leave your valuable items in public view; that includes your iPhone as much as your passport.
- Try not to drive an obvious rental car; keep maps and travel brochures out of sight in the glove compartment.
- Don’t park your car anywhere but a well-lit place, don’t leave valuables in sight (lock them in the trunk) and avoid picking up hitchhikers.
- Avoid storing cash, medicine, jewelry, or other valuables in your luggage, and even for a brief moment, never leave your luggage unattended.
Book your Flights and Hotels only at Expedia
Expedia is one of the leading online Booking accommodation site and dedicated to service every travelers. So when it comes to booking your flights, hotel and vacation resorts, Expedia got you covered. Book your flight and hotel reservation that is right for you using their star ratings, guest reviews, location maps & great discount rates only at Expedia.co.id.